1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

GTP Sheffield Hallam Sept 2012 - anyone heard anything?

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by caesar04, Mar 19, 2012.

1. Hello

Just wondered if anyone had heard back from Sheffield Hallam for for the Sept 2012 GTP? I have applied for secondary English and the waiting is driving me crazy!!
    I did ring last week, apparently they have had Ofsted in for 2 weeks so there is another delay but school keep asking me as they need to plan for me either way.
    Thanks[​IMG]

2. Hello

Just wondered if anyone had heard back from Sheffield Hallam for for the Sept 2012 GTP? I have applied for secondary English and the waiting is driving me crazy!!
    I did ring last week, apparently they have had Ofsted in for 2 weeks so there is another delay but school keep asking me as they need to plan for me either way.
    Thanks[​IMG]

3. Hi
    I heard from them last week that I was successful for the Primary GTP (interview in Dec). Yey!! I had also enquired about the result of interviews following the TDA funding annoucement and they did mention OFSTED had been in and were due to be in again (probably about now). Maybe they have sent info. out for Primary and secondary will be after the latest OFSTED.
    I hope you hear soon. Good luck.

4. Well done you!! That's great. There is a bloke on primary this year at one of our feeder schools (I picked his brain last term) and he has really enjoyed the course.

The deadline for secondary wasn't till Dec and interviews were supposed to be in Feb but due to TDA and Ofsted delays I still haven't heard whether I have an interview or not never mind confirmation of getting on the course.
    I am panicking a bit now and keep thinking that they are just going to email and say my interview is next week (or tomorrow in a really panicky moment!!) and I am not prepared for it so spent last night reading up for my, as yet non exsistent, interview!
    And relax..........

5. I had my email this afternoon! I've applied for secondary English got interview on Tuesday :)

6. mab7689

mab7689 New commenter

I'm still waiting to hear. Got a bulk email from them on April 3rd saying I should hopefully find out within 2 weeks and I'm still waiting. Hoping to get onto History

7. nat0107

nat0107 New commenter

I am still waiting to hear for History. The wait is killing me!

8. Ok so deep breath.......... amazingly my school have offered me funding [shock] so emailed Hallam last week and I have got an interview either 17th or 23rd May!!!

I only know this because, after much harassment, they phoned our school business manager to let him know they were offering me an interview???!!! So until I see it confirmed in writing I won't quite believe but its looking much more hopeful.

I had so convinced myself it was all over so now got to psych up for an interview!!!

Sorry to everyone else....I really can't believe how much competition there was this year, it has been crazy.