1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

GTP school placement

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by bjorn1000, Apr 12, 2012.

1. Hi there Sara, I have recently been successful in getting on the Sheffield Hallam GTP for PE too. I'm in the process of deciding whether to stay at my current school or go to another one - if this is the case my GTP partnership will find me a school they have worked with previously for me to train at, can Derby not do this for you?
    Is it a salary or training grant place you have secured?
    Failing this, contacting local councils you can request school contact details in that authority - if you have a salary place then I don't think you will have issues finding a school as you will essentially be a 'free' teacher to the school for a year which is very attractive.

Don't forget to ask about the possibility ofa job att he end of the GTP year!

Hope this helps,

Chris.

2. Hi I have an interview on Tuesday! Does the school have to be in Sheffield or can I find an employing school in Wolverhampton where I live? Thanks