1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

GTP reserve list

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by nat0107, Mar 12, 2012.

1. nat0107

nat0107 New commenter

Hi all

I was just wondering if anyone had been put on a reserve list for a GTP and been successful?
    I am disheartened to not get on the course again but have been told that I am on the short reserve list so have to wait and see.
    I just wanted to see what my chances of success were and if anyone had had any luck on this front?

2. nat0107

nat0107 New commenter

Hi all

I was just wondering if anyone had been put on a reserve list for a GTP and been successful?
    I am disheartened to not get on the course again but have been told that I am on the short reserve list so have to wait and see.
    I just wanted to see what my chances of success were and if anyone had had any luck on this front?

3. Hi Nat,

I was placed on the GTP reserve list last year (around February time) and kept holding out for a place to start that September but unfortunately i never heard anything...a long and arduous waiting game :(
    I re-applied this year and i got on so ill be starting this September. I'm aware of some people though that were contacted the week before the Autumn term started so there's still hope! :) Keep positive!

4. Hi Nat. Hopefully it is not bad news for you. I was initially on a reserve list after interviewing in early January. I have now been offered a place by that provider and I have accepted. I think a lot of places are clarifying funding etc.. Many providers were fearing the worst and planning for a reduction in numbers so there are likely a lot of reserve places until everything is clear for them.

Between being told I was a reserve and then gaining a place it was less than a month so hopefully you will hear back soon.

Best of luck.

5. nat0107

nat0107 New commenter

Thank you for your wishes of luck, Hopefully it will be OK and I will still be offered a place.
    It is horrible having to wait around al the time though. Its horrible but fingers crossed!

6. Hi Nat, I'm also on a reserve list and I'm hoping I'll get a place, but I'm keeping my options open and I'm starting to look for TA posts, mentoring, etc anything that will gain me more experience before I apply again for next year.
    I've heard of a few people who have been offered a place after being put on the reserve list, so there is a chance still.
    Good luck with yours, hopefully you'll hear some good news sometime soon.
    x

7. Hi,

I was initially unsuccessful in my GTP interview and was placed on the reserve list, I received the letter on the Friday telling me so, and a phone call on the Monday telling me they had a place to offer to me!

So it does happen! Good luck!

8. nat0107

nat0107 New commenter

It's just a fingers crossed time! Hoping that I will get the call. I have 5 years experience as a cover supervisor and have been teaching classes over the last year and a half, so I am ready for it!!!

thanks