1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

GTP primary Wolverhampton uni

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by mayalouise, Feb 6, 2011.

1. Anyone heard back yet after their interview whether they've got a place or not on primary GTP course for Sept 2011 start? It's a nightmare waiting to find out! Would be gutted if don't get onto the course, but am preparing myself for the worst as I know it is really competitive - just want to know what I'm going to be doing next year! [​IMG]

2. Anyone heard back yet after their interview whether they've got a place or not on primary GTP course for Sept 2011 start? It's a nightmare waiting to find out! Would be gutted if don't get onto the course, but am preparing myself for the worst as I know it is really competitive - just want to know what I'm going to be doing next year! [​IMG]

3. I have applied to Wolverhampton and have not heard anything either, although I have applied for the RTP not the GTP. When I had my interview I was told I would be informed once the number of places the university could offer was confirmed. I am hoping we will hear soon. I agree the waiting is the worst!

4. Yeah, they said to me that they hoped to let us know within 2 weeks depending on when they knew how many places they had (which would be by this thursday). I'm not sure, but I think they might know by now cos Gove's letter to TDA came out last monday and on a blog by Jonathan Savage last week he said the TDA had published the figures of how many places each EBITT provider had been allocated and put a link to a spreadsheet which seemed to be that, but I couldn't find anything about that on the TDA website itself so who knows! It's not going to speed up me finding out anyway! Will have to keep waiting on the postman!

5. This is the link for TDA allocations of number of places EBITT providers can offer for 2011/12 http://jsavage.org.uk/?p=1200, but as I said this is dated 3rd Feb and there's still nothing on TDA website and if it was published by TDA last week I would have thought that we might have heard something by now! Not sure what to make of this link.

6. I thought the same thing about that document! On another thread a provider has backed it up as being accurate and many unis are now offering firm places.

I have applied for EM direct and they have more places than they did last year which is a bonus. I had my interview early December and still no news so im checking my e mails hourly and waiting for the post like you. Its a nightmare!
    The providers know how many places they have but i dont think they know how much funding each place will attract-if any. They cut the funding to the GTP last year slightly and i think they will do the samethis year. That would mean that the school would need to contribute more money or that you would take a lower salary. (Im not an expert, thats just what i think will happen)

I hope you all hear soon with a positive response.

7. Thanks Jemma, good luck to you too! [​IMG]

8. Hello [​IMG]
    I had an offer of a place from Wolverhampton today for primary GTP. Hope you hear soon

9. jek228

jek228 New commenter

This allocation is for Mainstream ITT, which I was under the impression meant the PGCE and undergraduate courses i.e the Bed. I'm assuming then that these figures do not include EBITT places. I may be wrong but that is what I have been told.

10. Hi, I have an interview this week with Wolverhampton uni for the primary GTP, just wondering if you had any tips, also they weren’t very helpful regarding info for the subject knowledge tests, just wondering if you could shed some light? Thanks in advance! p.s. congrats and good luck with the GTP : )

11. Hi Danielle, I have an interview this week with Wolverhampton uni for the primary GTP, just wondering if you had any tips, also they weren’t very helpful regarding info for the subject knowledge tests, just wondering if you could shed some light? Thanks in advance!
    p.s. congrats and good luck with the course! : )