1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

GTP Primary Interview - Please can anyone help?

Discussion in 'Scotland - Primary' started by spurs27, Jan 26, 2011.

1. My partner has just been offered an interview for a GTP Primary course (although was originally turned down as not enough classroom experience - however has appealed this based on misleading information given at an open evening and now been offered an interview...)! :)
    I teach secondary so have been able to offer some advice/support to him in preparing for interview - but my knowledge of Primary is very limited as I only teach GCSE and A-Level so rarely deal with younger students. Could anyone possibly offer any advice on what to expect from the interview? What specific questions they might ask? Anything subject related he may need to know? Etc.
    I know I am biased but he has an incredibly amount to offer and has many years experience working in media and other sectors so many transferable skills which would be great in teaching. He came and did some time in my school and was just brilliant with the students. This means so much to him and he is desperate to teach primary. I would greatly appreciate any advice or words of wisdom anyone can offer.
    Thanks so much xx
    p.s - he has done a couple of days in primary school and a couple in a secondary school and also already organised a further two weeks in two different primary schools for later on in the year...

2. My partner has just been offered an interview for a GTP Primary course (although was originally turned down as not enough classroom experience - however has appealed this based on misleading information given at an open evening and now been offered an interview...)! :)
    I teach secondary so have been able to offer some advice/support to him in preparing for interview - but my knowledge of Primary is very limited as I only teach GCSE and A-Level so rarely deal with younger students. Could anyone possibly offer any advice on what to expect from the interview? What specific questions they might ask? Anything subject related he may need to know? Etc.
    I know I am biased but he has an incredibly amount to offer and has many years experience working in media and other sectors so many transferable skills which would be great in teaching. He came and did some time in my school and was just brilliant with the students. This means so much to him and he is desperate to teach primary. I would greatly appreciate any advice or words of wisdom anyone can offer.
    Thanks so much xx
    p.s - he has done a couple of days in primary school and a couple in a secondary school and also already organised a further two weeks in two different primary schools for later on in the year...