1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

GTP Primary Interview - Help!!!

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by RowanG, Jan 13, 2011.

1. Hi
    I've just found out that I have an interview next Thursday for the GTP Primary and was wondering if anyone have any advice or help in preparation for it and what to expect??
    I have to do a 5 minute presentation on an educational issue that interests me, an interview, a primary maths activity and a writing task.
    I know it will be important to be aware of current educational issues and my motivations behind wanting to teach etc. Any other guidance would be much appreciated!!
    There isn't much time to prepare!
    Thanks
    Rowan

2. Hi
    I've just found out that I have an interview next Thursday for the GTP Primary and was wondering if anyone have any advice or help in preparation for it and what to expect??
    I have to do a 5 minute presentation on an educational issue that interests me, an interview, a primary maths activity and a writing task.
    I know it will be important to be aware of current educational issues and my motivations behind wanting to teach etc. Any other guidance would be much appreciated!!
    There isn't much time to prepare!
    Thanks
    Rowan

3. Hi Rowan

I had one for em direct about a month ago and don't know the outcome yet, like all applicants.
    Here is what happened:
    Intro into course
    Group task- order some tasks into importance and present the findings back. Make careful and calculated points and don't shout people down.
    Maths test- foundation gcse ish
    Comprehension exercise on a current issue
    Lesson starter
    Interview

It lasted all day and was exhausting! Other candidates and staff were great.the questions were all scored and included- what is an inclusive school, why do I want to teach, what is subject pedagogy, creative curriculum, transition periods, what would I consider to b the most important subject, what are the EYFS areas of learning etc.

I didnt know everything, but gave it a go.

I wish you all the best and my advice is just show how passionate you are about teaching.

Jem

4. Sorry about the lack of formatting- somehow it has taken all the spacing out.

5. Hi Jem
    Thanks soo much, that is all a great help! I need to do lots of reading and brush up on my maths I think! i'm excitied but slightly scared by it!
    thanks again for all the advice
    Rowan

6. Rowan

I'm the same! The theory of use it or lose it applies in this case.

When simultaneous equations arrived on the test I just had to pass it up.
    But who needs that for primary anyway? If I get on my work next year will be focused on subject knowledge.

Keep cool, do your best and just remember that you can't know everything before the training.