1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

GTP Presentation

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by rachaeliow, Jan 14, 2012.

1. Can anybody advise me on the prose used in KS3 English lessons? I loved To Kill A Mockingbird - but this is considered KS4.

Thanks

2. Can anybody advise me on the prose used in KS3 English lessons? I loved To Kill A Mockingbird - but this is considered KS4.

Thanks

3. jek228

jek228 New commenter

There are many! Different schools use different texts. Do you work in a school? If so look at what the English department have. We have a variety of prose texts, but tend to only use the same ones each year. Michael Morpurgo is good, anything by Robert Swindells eg Stone Cold, Coraline or The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman, Phillip Reeve's Mortal Engines collection, Phillip Pullman's Dark Materials Trilogy, Heroes by Rob Cormier (good for boys), Roll of Thunder, Hear my Cry by Mildred Taylor, Buddy and Buddy's Song (good old ones), Skellig, Treasure Island, Oliver Twist, Christmas Carol, Holes, Coram Boy, Goodnight Mister Tom, Chinese Cinderella and many more!! It also depends which year group you are aiming at. I need to pick a KS3 prose text for my GTP interview and there is so many to choose from!