1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

GTP Preparation

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by ggormley123, Jul 1, 2012.

1. ggormley123

ggormley123 New commenter

Hi,

I am starting the GTP at Nottingham Trent University this September, teaching secondary Business Studies.

Does anybody have any advice as to resources / a filing system I can organise prior to the course starting? I am trying to get organised now before I go away for the summer :)

If anybody has any tips on how they stayed organised for the year I would really appreciate it!

Thanks,
    Georgina

2. welshwizard

welshwizard Established commenter Forum guide

Get familiar with the new teaching standards dfes website-but don't worry too much about systems. All GTP providers have their own methods and paperwork for producing evidence, these will all be revised anyway due to the new standards.. Read generic texts- getting the b *** to behave etc. . Try and visit a university bookshop to see what texts are there and then get them out of the library. Your subject understanding is important at this stage so get familiar with Business KS4 and post 16 from the exam boards etc. Brush up on any aspects of business you are weaker in. Get plenty of rest and enjoy the summer.

3. ggormley123

ggormley123 New commenter

Thank you very much for your advice!