1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

GTP Part Time in London, Tower Hamlets

Discussion in 'Primary' started by talksr, May 8, 2012.

1. Good morning forum users. I have a primary school based in Tower Hamlets, London who would be happy to support me in a GTP role. For financial reasons, I am only really able to consider this on a part-time (2 days per week) basis.

Unfortunately, it looks like the local GTP provider only supports full time candidates and only has 26 places this year! Do I have to use this university/organisation or are there others wich may potentially take me on?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Good morning forum users. I have a primary school based in Tower Hamlets, London who would be happy to support me in a GTP role. For financial reasons, I am only really able to consider this on a part-time (2 days per week) basis.

Unfortunately, it looks like the local GTP provider only supports full time candidates and only has 26 places this year! Do I have to use this university/organisation or are there others wich may potentially take me on?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

3. Give these people a call.

http://www.e-qualitas.org.uk/

4. frustum

frustum Lead commenter

Search for part-time GTP, contact the providers who offer it and ask. It looks like most require you to be doing 50% of the week, though.

5. Hi - i trawled through all the training providers to find distance providers so I could apply to more than one provider. Here they are - dont know if they accept part time.
    There's also Robert Owen - they just dont come down to me any more - though they used too, they may well cover London.

Training provider Town
    Canterbury Christ Church University Canterbury
    Dorset Teacher Education Partnership Dorchester
    East Lincolnshire GTP Lincoln
    Education Management Direct Grantham East
    E-Qualitas Tunbridge Wells

Good luck!

6. Hello, thanks to everyone for taking the time to comment. Kaz, many thanks for your long list. I will have a little look and see which ones may be suitable.

Thanks again.