1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

GTP numeracy and literacy test

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by kingfisher221, May 6, 2011.

1. I just had an test done for GTP Sep 2011and I was told that my maths test was not upto the GCSE level but english one was. Does this mean I wont be selected? I am soo worried now!

I think my interview went fine.

Help!

2. Did you get on kingfisher221? I've got my GTP interview on Monday, really worried about the numeracy test.

3. BTBAM

BTBAM New commenter

I did the literacy and numeracy test today for the first time. I did a practice literacy test and it was the easiest thing ever, don't know why I worried. Finished it in 10 minutes today and I couldn't believe my luck. I had less luck with the numeracy practice tests - failed the two I took because I faffed around with my timings and spent too long over-complicating it. Went in today convinced I'd fail and I think that if I got my score back I'd have got over 90%, it was so easy too.

Basically - don't worry. IMO, and I accept it may only be in relation to the one I took today, but that limited experience has told me it's a LOT easier than the practice ones.
    I was Googling about failing the test last night and all there was was people saying 'if you fail the numeracy test you're an idiot' and while that isn't the case, I think a lot of people worry unecessarily about it.
    I used the Mark Patmore book in August, just the first few pages, to help me remember what reducing fractions and how to work out percentages etc and that stuck with me.
    Really don't worry, just brush up on the basics. I consider myself quite weak at maths and I was fine.