1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

gtp ninestyles

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by samlong86, Jan 28, 2011.

1. hi,

I have an interview for an art and deisgn gtp at ninestyles in a few weeks and have been asked to prepare a 5 minute presentation on 'My passion'.
    I know it will probably be more focused on how i present as apposed to what i'm presenting but regardless i didnt know if it was worth talking about something different than my subject to add abit of interest or if that could be detremental to my application.. any ideas??

Thanks

2. hi,

I have an interview for an art and deisgn gtp at ninestyles in a few weeks and have been asked to prepare a 5 minute presentation on 'My passion'.
    I know it will probably be more focused on how i present as apposed to what i'm presenting but regardless i didnt know if it was worth talking about something different than my subject to add abit of interest or if that could be detremental to my application.. any ideas??

Thanks

3. mratcliffe88

mratcliffe88 New commenter

hey

I have been shortlisted at ninestiles for a interview in Drama so i am to about to prepare for my passion presentation. Having spoke to a GTP who is with ninestiles at my current school she advised on doing something personal and not linked to education. They do look at your presentation skills but i also have been advised they might have it as a chance to look at how well your conduct and create a powerpoint presentation!
    But yes different to your subject!

Good luck! [​IMG]

4. hey

Thank you very much i will take that on board very nervous!!!

Good luck to you too!!

5. welshwizard

welshwizard Established commenter Forum guide

The content is not as important as the communication skills you exhibit. They want to assess how you would be in the classroom. What teaching skills and potential you have.
    Focus on how you are going to do it as much as what you do talk about- the idea is that if this is your passion then you should be already enthused enough to communicate it