1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

GTP Newman University College

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by englishteach101, Mar 11, 2011.

1. englishteach101

englishteach101 Occasional commenter

That's quite alright, I wish I'd thought of going on here and doing a post before to get some tips in advance as it would have been helpful.
    I think this year's allocation is about 8 days over the year in Newman and then 2 subject specific days where you go to a school with just those in your subject.
    You have to have 18 observations minimum in your portfolio, 6 will be with your Newman tutor (they're all lovely) and then the others have to come from your school and the second school placement. My experience with that bit is sort it out early doors in September before all the decent second placements are gone.
    I've become a regular in Tescos buying ring binders, plastic wallets and other organisational stuff (one of the cheapest places I've found)
    PM me if you have any specific queries etc.
    Sam x

2. shoey85

shoey85 New commenter

Sam,
    Thank you again so much, it really is appreciated. I am sure that I will pm you at some point if that is okay especially as September gets closer and I become more stressed! Do they just give you the title and you run away with it or is it broken down into sub-categories? Are you able to choose your second placement yourself, I already work in two schools and I am able to do my placement in the other one.
    I have started my organisation already and have scheduled to go and observe some lessons, I am sure your words of wisdom are going to be invaluable.
    Thank you,
    Kate