1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

GTP Mentor

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by forgetting1, Dec 10, 2008.

1. Hi I am a new mentor for a GTP that is starting their GTP in Jan. This is my first time being a mentor and I obviously want to do my best for the GTP. Has anyone any advice for me as how best I can do this job or how I can get my hands on good information?

Thanks in advance!

2. Hi there

My mentor has come up with a fabulous training plan for me. I have the first bits in quite a lot of detail. I can e mail it to you if you like. I am louise.storyteller@blueyonder.co.uk Let me know if you would like a copy.

He gives me about an hour and a half each week for a detailed tutorial where we go over my tasks (I have one per week) and what standards I have achieved. We then discuss any relevant issues. He observes me about once a fortnight. If I have an observation that is discussed at a separate time.

I am allowed two hours per week "off" for study. This might include talking to ppl like SENCOs etc and he facilitates this.

He is very positive and has kept me buoyed up so far. I am so tired, but always know he has a few minutes if I am unsure or worried (or excited) about something :)

Please feel free to email me any more specific questions.

Cheers

LoobyLouLou

xxxxxx

3. dizzymai

dizzymai New commenter

Hey Looby,

I would be interested in seeing that training plan!

I don't have one at all but think that I should. What kind of tasks are you set?

dizzy x [​IMG]

4. Hi dizzy

Just e mail me and I will attach it back to you!

Love

Looby

xxx

5. Would you mind emailing your training plan to me as well. I saw your post and am about to start as a mentor myself.
    Many thanks
    Sarah Sumner
    sarahsumner397@yahoo.co.uk

6. Please could you send me a copy of your training plan it sounds good. Thanx Claire x

7. Hello, I am due to become a gtp mentor soon so would love a copy of the training plan you speak of that your mentor set up. Thank you- francesca.pretty@uplands.hants.sch.uk

8. aip

aip

Hi
    I am about to become a mentor please could you email me a copy of your plan too.

Grateful thanks aip@kings-rochester.co.uk

AIP

9. I realise it has been a few years since this post began, but would love a copy of your plan.

Thanks loads

Kellie

kellshan@hotmail.co.uk