1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

GTP London South Bank Uni

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by tambb, Feb 3, 2012.

1. Hey!
    I have an interview next week and was wondering if anyone knows whats it like?
    Many Thanks

2. What for? I did a Secondary Maths one in December. It was fine. I was on my own so didn't do the group work but I was interviewed by 2 people. Had to do a presentation and wrote a response to two articles. Was really relaxed and I found out the day after that I had been accepted.

3. Primary, I think its a written paper, maths paper, then group presentation

4. I had one very recently, haven't heard back yet, but it was a 40 min written task, followed by 40 min maths test (you can use calculator for the 2nd part) and a group discussion and presentation.
    The presentation was just basically planning something as a group for 15 mins while they watched you.
    Take some sandwiches, you get an hour for luch and the Uni cafe is ****, and the nearest sandwich bar or shop is a long walk away.
    All the best. Don't be put off by the staff, they are slightly 'old school' types, and make you feel a bit like you're 12 again.

5. Was the maths paper hard (thats my weakness!)

6. No, the maths wasn't hard. Just a few problem solving questions, you know, 'if there are 20 kids and they go on a holiday how much will it cost', etc.
    I hate maths and it wasn't too bad. Only about 15 questions in total.

7. In December too...maybe they are releasing interview dates now..