1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

GTP Kingston 2012-13

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by anthonygw, May 3, 2012.

1. Hello all
    I'm due to start a GTP at Kingston this september was wondering who else was, what sort of preparation they were doing etc and if they'd like to get in touch/start a helpful thread here, a problem shared is a problem halved and all that.......

2. Hello all
    I'm due to start a GTP at Kingston this september was wondering who else was, what sort of preparation they were doing etc and if they'd like to get in touch/start a helpful thread here, a problem shared is a problem halved and all that.......

3. Do you mean your training is with Kingston University, or that your school is in Kingston. If the latter, my GTP school will be around this general area!
    Things I'm doing:
    1) Trying to gradually collect/create various problems I think might be useful. Since I'm teaching maths, I'm finding interesting questions related to various parts of the curriculum, ideas for activities/discussion, etc.
    2) I read "How To Survive Your First Year in Teaching" that my friend lent to me.
    3) Just about started a 'reflective blog'.
    I've been told that it's not worth 'over-preparing', i.e. it would be practically worthless to prepare any lesson plans, since these might be influenced by the school's scheme of work, etc. I've also been told to make the most of the few months in the summer I have off, since spare time will be scarce during my GTP/NQT years.