1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

GTP Interview

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by cholt1987, Jan 19, 2011.

1. Hi All,

I have to talk about an artefact for 5 minutes at my interview. The problem I am having is making the choice of what I should talk about.

The sentence says - <font size="3">bring along a small artefact which you should be prepared to talk about for no more than five minutes.</font>
    I make a decision, but then decide it is not different enough, or interesting enough. Or if I choose to talk about a statue of a bear... Do I limit myself to the bear and how it was made...Or do I talk aboutwhere it lives, its habitat. Or does this cross from talking about the artefact to talking about a real bear?

Thanks
    Char

2. Hi All,

I have to talk about an artefact for 5 minutes at my interview. The problem I am having is making the choice of what I should talk about.

The sentence says - <font size="3">bring along a small artefact which you should be prepared to talk about for no more than five minutes.</font>
    I make a decision, but then decide it is not different enough, or interesting enough. Or if I choose to talk about a statue of a bear... Do I limit myself to the bear and how it was made...Or do I talk aboutwhere it lives, its habitat. Or does this cross from talking about the artefact to talking about a real bear?

Thanks
    Char

3. Char

I'm not an expert but my guess is that they are more interested in how you present rather than what you present.

I would take something really dull and show that you can make it engaging.
    Perhaps a bottle top and you could share an elaborate story about how it came to life.

Show your creativity!

Hope that helps x

4. I Agree with the above, take something quite mediocre and turn it into an entertaining talk.
    A pen would be a bit obvious but something we take for granted and how it develops our life throughout Education and work.
    Best of luck.

5. welshwizard

welshwizard Established commenter Forum guide

They are assessing your ability to communicate not necessarily your ursine knowledge-that said if you could use an artefact hat has something to do with a subject you would be teaching!

6. Thanks for the comments! I've been going round in circles trying to decide what to talk about. Will make a decision and get writing rather than trying to think of reasons to put it off.

Char