1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

GTP Interview *one week!*

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by primary213, Feb 5, 2011.

1. Hello everyone,

I received a letter yesterday stating that I have been invited to attend a GTP Interview at a local primary school.

After the initial excitement had subsided (yes, i did do a gleeful bounce around the kitchen), the nerves are now setting in.

The interview is on the 14th February so as you can imagine it doesn't give me very long to prepare (especially when I have got to fit in working full time around this). The all-nighters will be starting I think! Hahaha!

The letter said that the tasks for the day will include :

1. A five minute presentation to other candidates and panel on "why you want to be become a teacher".

2. Teach a class of Year 2 pupils from a lesson plan that you have produced. It can be based on anything in which you have an interest. It needs to last for a minimum of 30 minutes.

3. Complete a written English comprehension and maths test.

4. Take part in a team building exercise (it does not give any additional information surrounding this one).

I would be really grateful for an tips or general pointers that could help me out because I think that my stomach is doing front flips at the moment and I just want to make sure that I am thoroughly prepared. I have ordered the Feb issue of the TES but I am not sure whether it will be here in time?!?

Anyway, I am rambling. Heehee.

2. Hello everyone,

I received a letter yesterday stating that I have been invited to attend a GTP Interview at a local primary school.

After the initial excitement had subsided (yes, i did do a gleeful bounce around the kitchen), the nerves are now setting in.

The interview is on the 14th February so as you can imagine it doesn't give me very long to prepare (especially when I have got to fit in working full time around this). The all-nighters will be starting I think! Hahaha!

The letter said that the tasks for the day will include :

1. A five minute presentation to other candidates and panel on "why you want to be become a teacher".

2. Teach a class of Year 2 pupils from a lesson plan that you have produced. It can be based on anything in which you have an interest. It needs to last for a minimum of 30 minutes.

3. Complete a written English comprehension and maths test.

4. Take part in a team building exercise (it does not give any additional information surrounding this one).

I would be really grateful for an tips or general pointers that could help me out because I think that my stomach is doing front flips at the moment and I just want to make sure that I am thoroughly prepared. I have ordered the Feb issue of the TES but I am not sure whether it will be here in time?!?

Anyway, I am rambling. Heehee.

3. Hi
    Well done for getting an interview. Number 1 should be easy - just consider how you want your presentation to look and then go for it - after all it is only asking you to present your own thoughts. Number 2, find something you are enthusiastic about and plan well. Check out the objectives online and plan for differentiation. Although you won't know the class you can identify that you understand that there will be a range of abilities. Also make it enjoyable - some input and some practical work. Do you know any 6/7 year olds you could practise on? Timing is important and a run through would help. Most important though, be yourself!
    Good luck.