1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

GTP Interview next week- Help or advice very much appreciated!!!

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by MasterMaths, Jan 8, 2012.

1. Are you applying for primary? If so, then I would say it would make sense that the book should be relevant to the pupils you are hoping to teach (ditto if you are applying for secondary English).
    Aside from that, they want to see what ideas YOU have, not what ideas you are able to garner from online forums. Also, they won't expect to see a finished article; they will simply be looking for someone with the potential grow into a teacher. Come up with your own ideas and you will "own" them, and this will then be apparent in your presentations. Hope that helps.

2. I am applying for primary! Thank you for the advice, it is so hard not too look at all the online forums, but you are right, i need to stick to my guns and stay true to who am :) Thanks for the advice!

3. Hi, I am on a primary GTP atm, the interview process you describe sounds very similar to mine!
    Try and make your presentation show your passion (I sat through some awful ones on my interview day!) and I think it helps if you can take a fun object in as they will definitely remember you if you do!
    Make sure you are up to speed on current educational issues too, you can then just casually work them into your interview answers.
    Which uni will you be training through?
    Good luck!

4. Alie

Alie New commenter

Think current priorities:

SEN, curriculum development, phonics, Numeracy and behaviour management.