1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

GTP Interview....help!!!!

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by tiltal, Jan 20, 2011.

1. Hi everyone!
    I have an interview next week with Nottingham Uni, and wondered if anyone else has had one recently?
    I would really appreciate any advice.
    So far I have looked into the changed around the curriculum, and into my subject area (English). I intend to look at some of the reports such as The Rose Report. I know about ECM. Anything else you think I should look at?
    My interview invite says that I will have a hand-written task based on a subject to be given at the interview, and an individual interview in which I will be set an informal subject knowledge task.
    Is anyone out there who has recently done the interview that can give me an idea of what to expect?
    I am nervous, but really quite excited at the prospect of my future in teaching! I really hope I get on the course![​IMG]
    I would really appreciate any advice, or tips!
    Thanks so much. [​IMG]

2. Hi everyone!
    I have an interview next week with Nottingham Uni, and wondered if anyone else has had one recently?
    I would really appreciate any advice.
    So far I have looked into the changed around the curriculum, and into my subject area (English). I intend to look at some of the reports such as The Rose Report. I know about ECM. Anything else you think I should look at?
    My interview invite says that I will have a hand-written task based on a subject to be given at the interview, and an individual interview in which I will be set an informal subject knowledge task.
    Is anyone out there who has recently done the interview that can give me an idea of what to expect?
    I am nervous, but really quite excited at the prospect of my future in teaching! I really hope I get on the course![​IMG]
    I would really appreciate any advice, or tips!
    Thanks so much. [​IMG]

3. Hi,
    Hope your interview went well! I also have an interview with Nottingham Uni next week (im a scientist so not compeating against you!) and was wondering if you would shed some light on how the interview went and what they asked of you. I've been givine the same directions about a hand-written task and a subject based task so am racking my brain as to what they will be asking.
    Good luck in the future.

4. Could be anything really, but here are some pointers :
    How is ICT used in your subject? What are your own ICT skills like?
    How do you teach literacy/numeracy through your subject?
    Your strengths and weaknesses?
    What are you like at working as part of a team? What experience do you have of working in teams?
    How would you deal with?....[behaviour scenario]
    What can you tell us about the national curriculum requirements at KS3 in your subject?
    What do you think about synthetic phonics? (to a primary probably)
    What can you tell me about the capability of a typical level 2 pupil in writing and reading?
    What do you know about safeguarding children?
    If I think of any more I'll post them here..