1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

GTP Interview at Worcester uni- help and advice needed!

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by Sarah1987, Dec 31, 2010.

1. Sarah1987

Sarah1987 New commenter

I'm so happy!! After all of the worrying I have got myself an interview for a Primary GTP at Worcester uni.

As part of my interview I have to give a 5 minute presentation on "what I have learnt from working with children in a learning context". I would appreciate anyone's advice on how to present this, what they are looking for etc.

I also have to do a written task and I have been advised to research Rose's Simple View of Reading. Thoughts?

I would really appreciate any help on this cos I'm really really nervous about this, even though the interview's not till February 3rd, but I desperately want to get on the course.

Thanks in advance!

Sarah x

2. Well done on getting an interview, I remember being in the same position last year- I had the same question. In order to answer the question you have to think about what things you have learnt from children- I made hand puppets with a small group of children so was able to talk to interviewers about this- how I went about it, ensuring all abilities were met, and learning styles etc, what issues arose eg. trouble cutting, sewing, having to adapt my plan to suit their needs as children are all unique.
    You can present this in a way that isnt death by powerpoint as they want to see your presentation skills and how you communicate ideas to people, plus make sure you stick to the time limit - crucial when teaching!! 5 minutes max so definitely rehearse all the way, i did in front of my friends, and some gave me great ideas.
    Rose Review- on the internet, read it and digest the main parts of it.
    I also think you may have to do audit tests in maths, english and science so brush up your skills for these
    Hope I have helped
    Vicky
    Current GTP

3. Well done Sarah,

I have an interview on the 4th so let me know how you get on. I only got the letter yesterday so haven't got my head round it yet but think I will have a look over the weekend at the Rose report and start thinking about the presentation and group activity too. Are you working in school already?

4. Hi, I know this is late, but just read your post. I have an interview tomorrow too. Hope you are feeling less nervous, maybe see you there.

Good luck

Cath

5. Hey, just read your post, i've got an interview in a few weeks for Worcester University and i've got to do the same thing as you. What was the Written task like? Do i need to read up on Rose Review and do you write about it off the cuff or are there questions asked about it in written paper? The presentation is also the same question i've got a few ideas about how to engage the audience. Can you give me any advice it would be much appreciated.