1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

GTP Interview at Loughborough scary!!!!

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by Liseylou, Sep 18, 2007.

1. Hi guys just wondering if anyone has been for an interview at Loughborough, I'm quite eager to know what the tests will be like, I'm revising like a trooper but very scared about the Maths test. Any help would be appreciated x

2. Hi guys just wondering if anyone has been for an interview at Loughborough, I'm quite eager to know what the tests will be like, I'm revising like a trooper but very scared about the Maths test. Any help would be appreciated x

3. Hi there - I have just finished my GTP through Loughborough - presume you are applying for Primary. Maths test is a nightmare - most of us had to retake it once we got on the course! I'd advise you to buy the book they recommend: Primary Maths and Understanding as that will give you the format of questions etc. If you post your e-mail address I'll give you as much help as I can.

4. Thank you so much that would be great. My email is liseylou@msn.com

I have my interview on Thursday and I'm fine with my English but absolutley dreading the Maths.So do you know what the pass rate is for the tests then?, i've just got this awful feeling I wont get through this part!

5. which one?

Understanding and Teaching Primary Mathematics

Primary Mathematics: Knowledge and Understanding

thanks

6. Hi Liseylou,

How did your interview go today? [​IMG] I have my interview at Loughborough on Monday afternoon!

7. giddyG2001

giddyG2001 New commenter

Hi Shick,

I noticed that Liseylou's post was a few years old, so I'm not sure you'll be getting a reply, lol!

I've applied for the GTP @ Loughborough Encompass also (I'm guessing that's where you applied?) and was just wondering when you got your interview invite?

8. Hi GiddyG2001,
    Yes i applied for the GTP Primary course at Loughborough Encompass, got my interview invite emailed through on the 18th January. I believe they are interviewing this week and next week. Hope that helps.

9. giddyG2001

giddyG2001 New commenter

Hiya,

Thanks, I rang them today and they said they're still contacting applicants but I get the feeling I've not been successful. They said they'd had over 400 applicants though so competition is stiff!

Do you mind if I ask you what kind of experience you had? If that's too nosy, just tell me!

10. Well there's still hope :) keep positive!
    I'm a qualified Level 3 Teaching Assistant. I previously worked in an out of school study support centre as part of Playing for Success and now i work in a primary school. I also regularly teach during the week as part of PPA cover.
    Hope that helps.