1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

GTP Induction nerves

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by bandini, Jun 16, 2011.

1. Hey everyone,
    I've got my induction day at Kingston Uni on Monday and am feeling very nervous...is this normal? I've had 3 teaching anxiety dreams so far and yet when I am actually teaching in school (not in dream) I know deep down that this is the career I really want. Any advise would be most welcome.
    [​IMG]

2. Use all your nervous energy to fuel your teaching, 9 months in and I'm completing my final quality assessment and i'm still as anxious as I was 12 months ago at interview and before that! BUT I LOVE IT!!! You'll just settle in with it as you go along, but in all honesty the nerves never stop!! Enjoy :)

3. Thanks for getting back to me. I feel I should be doing something in preparation for Monday. What can I expect to happen? Am I over stressing? I'm a mature GT and haven't been to uni for over 15 years (apart from my interview). My youngest is only 9 and advised that all I needed was a new pencil-case and a big bag to carry every thing home in.:)

4. Hi Bandini

I'm attending on Monday and I'm getting nervous too. I'm coming from a non-teaching background so am sure I will be the person there with the least school experience. Oh, and I graduated in 1993, so it's been a while for me too!

I had a massive panic attack yesterday in which I managed to convince myself that I should have read everything on the reading list ahead of Monday! I even had to re-read all the paperwork to prove that it wasn't true!

I guess the earlier poster was right - we need to channel that into a positive force. Like you, I have no idea what to expect on Monday. I'm sure it will be fairly painless. It's induction - it's not part of the course-proper or an assessment.

See you there!

Clive

5. Sorry - written on a Mac so the paragraph spaces never work! Clive

6. I am there on Monday too-I don't know what to expect either-I am sure we're all equally nervous about it all. Which group are you in? I am in A

7. Hi, folks.
    Just picked up on this thread and, as a mature GTP-er who is approaching his final assessment in 10 days time, I just wanted to wish you all good luck for tomorrow. Nerves are a good thing; if anyone tells you they're not nervous then they are either part of the living dead or being very disingenuous! Let us know how you get on.