1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Gtp in Cardiff area?

Discussion in 'Cymru - education news' started by kitkatgirl, Apr 4, 2012.

1. Hi I completed GTP last year, there were only 8 places on the course, so very lucky to have been accepted. Not sure if Cardiff does it, but UWIN were starting it. The best thing to do is look on GTP website and find your nearest Uni for mentors and support.
    All training in done with in school, no lectures or Uni to attend. You just need a good degree and a school willing to train you. Once you are accepted on the course you are recognised and paid as an unqualified teacher, until you get QTS. You will be mentored by the student mentor of the school and will have regular classroom obs.You will also have a tutor from the Uni who will mentor you. The only thing I will say is the application form is sooooo long! But get help to fill it in. At the end of the course your files will be checked to make sure you make the grade. But all worth it in the end.
    I am now on supply due to changes in my circumstances but at least I have QTS and excellent grades and feed back. You have 5 years to compete NQT year but experience on supply has been good.
    I can only talk about Primary, thats where I completed mine. Wishing you the best of luck :)