1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

GTP History 2012

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by nat0107, Feb 24, 2012.

1. nat0107

nat0107 New commenter

Hi

I have only just heard back from the University of Derby about an interview despite the closing date for applications being the 31st December. The TDA only told them about their funding about a week ago!

I am still waiting to hear from Sheffield Hallam though as they are still unsure on funding.
    This is also my second year of trying but fingers crossed!

2. <font size="2">Hi,</font><font size="2"> I am on a History GTP at the moment. It took me 3 attempts to get onto a GTP course. Sadly History is oversubscribed and as a result it is very competitive. When you go for interview you need to show a passion for History but at the same time show what more you can offer a school/profession. Each year they have historians with plenty of support staff experience but what more can you offer the course?</font><font size="2"> I hope this helps!</font>