1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

GTP Government funding - any News??????

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by jen71j, Mar 31, 2011.

1. Hi,
    Iunderstand the government is supposed to be making an announcement re funding for GTP pay today. has anyone heard anything yet? Been told no organissation can make any funded offers as they still definately do not know their allocation or funding per person yet but that an announcement was due today.

Driving me slightly mad and sure it is driving everyone else crazy too,... Ive looked online but cant see anything ....anyone???

2. I dont think so! I thought It was going to be announced today too.
    I really hope that they let us know soon. I have to make plans I.e. Childcare and I'll be so upset if it doesn't happen now.
    X

3. I know what you mean. I have an interview with Vhester for a primary GTP place next Friday and I would really like to know if ther are funded places available because, if not my school cannot afford to take me on.:-(((( Its just so frustrating the interv iew is bad enough ! - I have maths, eng and science tests (which Im dreading as this is my first interview) then a group discussion between candidates which will be observed. The we have to do a presentation and then finally an individual interview. Plus they have asked us to bring a portfolio to show our work with children.....Any tips greatefully received!!!
    All that and dont know if I will be able to do it anyway...