1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

GTP formal interview questions

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by Fifilottie, Mar 10, 2012.

1. Bumping this. Has nobody got any sample questions?? please please. Not cheating, just preparing. Thanks in advance :)

2. Hey!
    I have no idea how I did tbh, as I withdrew my application as I received an offer closer to home....anyway, I can vaguely remember the interview. Just a couple of bullet point q's I can think off the top of my head:
    1) Why did I want to be a teacher
    2) Why the GTP?
    3) What areas of the curriculum were strong, and what would I need support on
    4) How did I prepare for the interview (I said I had read up on issues in education which the led to "Well, what have you learnt about current issues?")
    5) There was a picture and I had to describe it using science knowledge - was of children, a cave and a torch, so I blethered on about light sources, eyes adjusting to the dark etc.
    That's all I can really remember, hope it helps a bit :)
    Sam xx

3. Just remembered another - I was asked "How do children learn?"

Think that's all for now :)

4. Thank you for all your advice:) Am especially nervous about being asked about current issues? Any useful websites to look at??

5. guardian online is good for education issues :)