1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

GTP for 2011 - Not heard anything yet?

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by wizzywoowoo, Mar 2, 2011.

1. Hello!
    I was just wondering if there were any other people that have applied for a GTP to start in September that haven't heard anything yet? I was quite shocked when I just went on here to see that loads of people have already had interviews...
    I contacted the training school a couple of weeks ago and they said they were still waiting to hear whether any of the schools were interested in me. Is anyone in the same boat?
    I think maybe I'm just impatient!!!

2. Hello!
    I was just wondering if there were any other people that have applied for a GTP to start in September that haven't heard anything yet? I was quite shocked when I just went on here to see that loads of people have already had interviews...
    I contacted the training school a couple of weeks ago and they said they were still waiting to hear whether any of the schools were interested in me. Is anyone in the same boat?
    I think maybe I'm just impatient!!!

3. welshwizard

welshwizard Established commenter Forum guide

It will vary from provider to provider-where have you applied?

4. I applied to Saffron Walden and Comberton Training School in Essex. I just assumed everyone would hear at similar times, you can tell I'm new to it all!

5. welshwizard

welshwizard Established commenter Forum guide

The allocation of GTP to providers has been delayed because there is a lack of clarity about the exact amount of the salary grant. There should be further information by the end of March.
    In addition the allocation of places for subject areas in secondary has been altered to reflect the cutback in ITT- also the role of Training schools are set to change with the introduction of Teaching Schools from September. All in all a perfect storm for delay

6. Are you still waiting to hear? I am in the same boat as you.