1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

GTP - finding a school

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by Possible_Teacher, Feb 28, 2011.

1. Hi,

Having been set on applying for the PGCE course at Brighton Uni in September (for 2012 start) I am now thinking I will apply for the Brighton Uni and East Sussex GTP as well.

So I was wondering how far in advance you should start getting in touch with schools to see if they'll have you (for want of a better phrase!). I've found lots of info on how to apply but can't seem to find an answer to this question.

Thanks,

2. wkclark

wkclark New commenter

As far as I'm aware, ASAP!!

3. Thanks, I'll start getting in touch with them this week.

4. Hi, I'm starting a primary PGCE at Brighton in September [​IMG] I only live about 40 mins inland so I'm very happy about it. When I called a couple of weeks ago to see when my offer was going on GTTR - just after ITT providers got their allocations for 2011/12 - I was told that they are still holding interviews as they have a few places left......just thought I'd let you know.