1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

    Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

    Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

    Dismiss Notice

GTP England - Teaching in Ireland

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by vanzyl.stefan, Feb 13, 2011.

  1. If I am currently busy with my GTP in England, and wish to teach in the Republic of Ireland, what steps do I need to follow in order for me to do so? Where do I need to register my details; am I allowed to teach in the Republic of Ireland with a GTP qualification?
  2. welshwizard

    welshwizard Established commenter Forum guide

    You need to be able to register with the Irish Teaching Council- the theory is that qualifying as a teacher in one EEC country allows you to teach in another. The reality is that it depends upon job supply- at the moment there are a lot of Irish teachers looking for work in the UK so it depends upon your phase/specialisms.

Share This Page