1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

GTP Employing School Interview

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by dreamtoteachre, Jan 4, 2012.

1. Hello all,
    This is my first post on TES and I would really appreciate any tips! I can't apply to the Oxon-Bucks Partnership until I have a school to sponsor me. I have two interviews lined up for next week and words can't explain how much I want it!
    I would be really grateful if anyone could give me any tips or any ideas on questions which may be asked? I am meeting the headteachers.
    Thank you so much in advance,
    Nervous yet excited! x

2. Hello all,
    This is my first post on TES and I would really appreciate any tips! I can't apply to the Oxon-Bucks Partnership until I have a school to sponsor me. I have two interviews lined up for next week and words can't explain how much I want it!
    I would be really grateful if anyone could give me any tips or any ideas on questions which may be asked? I am meeting the headteachers.
    Thank you so much in advance,
    Nervous yet excited! x

3. wkclark

wkclark New commenter

Current GTP here - I had to find my employing school first too! Can't really say what they will ask you, probably just the normal interview type questions.
    The best advice I can give you is to know why you want to be a teacher, and be confident enough in that belief to be able to stand in front of a group of 30 kids who want nothing more than for you to disappear. Who knows, maybe one of them will like the subject (or at least won't mind being there) by the time you're done with them!! Let your confidence shine through and you should be alright.
    This was some advice that I got before my interview: they know you want to be a TRAINEE teacher. They are not expecting (nor should they want) you to be completely polished (prepared, yes, without room for improvement, no).
    Good luck!!