1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

GTP Dorset / Hampshire Schools

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by Michaelwatson100, Jul 29, 2012.

1. Hi there, I'm looking for a Secondary School to gain work experience to try and get onto a GTP scheme from Sept 2013 Does anyone know of any schools within the Dorset / Hampshire area which partake in the P.E. GTP scheme?? Many thanks in advance Mike

2. ld7675

ld7675 Occasional commenter

Hi, the GTP has finished for applicants after this year (I'm gutted as my head was going to put me onto it), to be replaced by the School Direct scheme. There's not much info about yet but if you look on the government website www.education.gov.uk/schooldirect there's a lot of general information about it there. Hope this is helpful.

3. Thank you for the reply!
    Does anyone know where we can find a website where we can find a list of schools that will partake in the new scheme in our area??
    I wanna do PE and know how hard it is to get into and hopefully this new scheme might change things if a lot of schools partake!