1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

GTP - Appeal!

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by jek228, Jul 25, 2011.

1. jek228

jek228 New commenter

I am not so much appealing as asking them to reconsider as an existing member of staff, and as for the negativity that is in regards to the way the information was delivered; to which I will not bore you with the details!

I was advised by my professional tutor (a senior member of the teaching staff) to write the letters, surely this shows some determination and commitment rather than just rolling over and accepting their decision! And yes, I realise the school is under no legal or moral obligation to give me a place, I am not that naive or arrogant to assume so, far from it!

I'm assuming you realise how competitive the GTP is particularly for the non shortage subjects? Yes of course finding another school is the next obvious way forward, but due to the cut in budgets and the places being like gold dust I will find it very difficult to find an alternative school as most recruit internally. Therefore, maybe you understand why battling for a place in my current school is so important.

I don't know your circumstances MasterMaths, maybe you are a qualified teacher or already have a 'precious' GTP place! If so good for you. Maybe you may appreciate then how hard I have worked to get where I am and how desperately I want to teach,and feel so frustrated that may dream will never happen. Like many people on this forum who I know feel the same way, we put messages on for a bit of constructive advice and support and do not appreciate comments from people who seem to want to put you down even further and patronise you.

2. anon2799

anon2799 New commenter

Jeepers, if you think Master maths was patronising, you're too delicate a flower for a teaching career.
    Just because you don't like the advice, it doesn't mean it's patronising. It was sound advice.
    Maybe your school had a lucky escape.
    By all means use the board to vent. Posters usually state; "I just want a moan, don't post advice please",you didn't, and I can't see anything that's patronising in the advice you've been given.
    If you want to teach, follow the advice you've been given.
    If you just want to moan, say so.