1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

GTP accepted in Turkey??

Discussion in 'Teaching overseas' started by sandralux, Mar 31, 2007.

1. Hi

I wondered if anyone could help me. I would like to work in an international school in Turkey. I have a PGCE in post 16 Education and a GTP in primary. I am just completing my NQT year in England. I wondered if anyone knew whether this would be accepted by the ministry of education for a primary job in an international school.

Thanks

2. Hi

I wondered if anyone could help me. I would like to work in an international school in Turkey. I have a PGCE in post 16 Education and a GTP in primary. I am just completing my NQT year in England. I wondered if anyone knew whether this would be accepted by the ministry of education for a primary job in an international school.

Thanks

3. Hi,

I just wondered whether you ever found the answer to this question, as I have been accepted onto the PGCE and the GTP starting in September and I would like to do the GTP. However there is a chance that I will move to Turkey in the future and so I would also like to know if the GTP route into teaching is accepted there. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

4. Don't know specifically about Turkey but I'd go through the PGCE route having had friends who are good teachers but went through the GTP route. Later, they wanted to move abroad and had to do a PGCE as Australia/NZ don't recognise the GTP.
    If you are looking to go abroad in the future, it's all about certificates and qualifications, so GTP may not be recognised by several countries. If you have the option now, PGCE hands down.
    M'tist