1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

GTP 2011 - Essex

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by CassieDenny, Mar 7, 2011.

1. Hi all,
    I found out last week that i have been accepted on to the GTP to start as of September and am just trying to find others in the same position. I will be working in a primary school in KS2. Looking forward to the induction day to find out a bit more and am currently getting hold of some books from the reading list to try and make a start before September.
    I would love to hear from others in the local area or other areas as well
    Cassie

2. Hi Cassie,
    Congratulations on getting a place. I am with Essex ITT as well. Where did you get the reading list from?
    Have any successful candidates had a confirmation letter from either their school or Essex? There is another post on the GTP boards that expresses concerns about salary funding...I thought it was all sorted!! Anyone else know anything about this? Or has anyone contacted Essex about it? I might try and give them a ring tomorrow to see if they can shed any light.

3. Hi there, my school had a GTP candidate in last year too so they still had her folder The head has run quite a few i believe and said the reading list wont change, so figured i'd try and do a bit before September. I had my confirmation letter come through and im pretty sure it said that the salary had been confirmed, fingers crossed anyway or i may be eating beans on toast all year :)

4. I have made a facebook group for all Essex GTP'ers!

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=2361831622#!/home.php?sk=group_201263079893069&ap=1
    or search Essex GTP- Harlow 2011/2012