1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

gtce rant

Discussion in 'Supply teaching' started by vickyrae1970, Mar 3, 2011.

1. vickyrae1970

vickyrae1970 New commenter

now , i find i have to have another gtce registered teacher countersign the document and i have no-one to ask as i cant ask my previous school for various reasons . what do i do ?

2. I had this problem when i had to change my name due to getting married. Luckily for me i had started supply and had done a few days at one schoolso she argreed to do it, otherwise i would have had to drive for 2 hours to take the form to my old school. All that messing around to change my last name

3. vickyrae1970

vickyrae1970 New commenter

unfortunately , i have been told i cant work until its sorted , eventhough , as i have discovered , the details have been wrong for years . i am just concerned that i am losing wages .

4. Oh gawd I had a massive set to with some snot on the phone about this one - snarled at me "what dya want" while chewing down the phone (one of my pet hates) and accused me of wanting to committ fraud because I was changing my surname.
    Being honest - after his rudeness, I haven't bothered doing it yet (still only half-changed over my surnames)... my CRB's still in my maiden name and I just make sure I've got my marriage certificate with me as well when I go to schools and I've never had any problems so far.
    I did complain in writing about the little snot's attitude though!