1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

    Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

    Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

    Dismiss Notice

GTC tax relief

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by sconia, May 14, 2011.

  1. I have never asked for tax relief on the GTC fees. I have read in the forum that you could go back to 5 years. I have downloaded the form but it is just for 2011, should I use this one and specify that I have never done this procedure or should I use something else? Thanks for your feedback.
  2. Write a letter enclosing proof of having paid in the past and they will adjust your code accordingly.
  3. jubilee

    jubilee Star commenter

    print off several copies of the form and change the tax year (initial the changes).
    Go back six years just in case. I think you should have claimed for the earliest of the 6 years by 31st January 2011, but you have nothing to lose by trying. Look back on your bank statements or ask the GTC what their fee was in previous years.

    Claim for Union subs too (the union will tell you what fraction of your payments is eligible and will give you a statement of past payments).
    Claim for CRB checks that you had to pay for (with agencies).

Share This Page