1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

GTC Registration

Discussion in 'Supply teaching' started by JIM07, Sep 5, 2012.

1. JIM07

JIM07 New commenter

Hi all! Looking for some information. I completed my PGCE in England about six years ago. Since then I've been living in N.Ireland. I am hoping to move back to England but confused about how to register with the GTC? I've noticed on application forms, asking if I'm a member and don't want this to go against me. Any information would be greatly appreciated!

2. You do not have to register since ethe GTC has been disbanded. Its duties have been taken over by the Teaching Agency which is an executive branch of the DfE and they should have all your details which any employer can check.

3. jubilee

jubilee Star commenter

Simply put your teacher number in the section for GTC registration number. prior to the GTC, teachers had a teacher reference number nd the GTC carried on with that number registration system ... and it carries on now withe the new Teacher organisation (within Dept of Education).

4. JIM07

JIM07 New commenter

Many thanks!