1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Gtc registration

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by hr21, Jun 23, 2011.

1. Hi all, I've just finished my gtp year. Will be recommended for qts on July 6th.

My employing school from September has told me to register with the gtc which is perfectly fine.

My issue is that I contacted the gtc and was told I cannot register till I have a qts no. Which may not be till end of. July or even august. My employer told me that I cannot start work without being registered with the gtc.

So my query is, what can I do? I'm provisionally registered but not fully right now.

Thanks

2. welshwizard

welshwizard Established commenter Forum guide

The process involves your EBITT confirming QTS and sending the appropriate documentation to GTCE. You then get your QTS certificate from the GTCE and at that point you can register fully with them.Most go through over the summer and NQTs begin induction first day of autumn term. However do check with your EBITT and get a dated confirmation from them they are recommending you for QTS as you cannot start induction until QTS is confirmed.