1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

GTC questions

Discussion in 'Workplace dilemmas' started by audra2, Jan 13, 2012.

1. Hello All,
    last year I was in front of the gtc following an awful time in my last school. Long story short - I was found guilty of misconduct (very very minor in actual fact) but due to circumstances, and a great reference from my new employer I received no sanction, not even a reprimand.
    Also, strangely my name never appeared on the website, either before or after the hearing. And my new and current employer never had any notification about the decision.
    So the questions are- What will any new or ,prospective new, employer see when they look me up on the register? And- What happens when the GTC goes in march?
    I'd really love to kick start my career now and am looking at new jobs. Anybody have any ideas?

Auds

2. Hello All,
    last year I was in front of the gtc following an awful time in my last school. Long story short - I was found guilty of misconduct (very very minor in actual fact) but due to circumstances, and a great reference from my new employer I received no sanction, not even a reprimand.
    Also, strangely my name never appeared on the website, either before or after the hearing. And my new and current employer never had any notification about the decision.
    So the questions are- What will any new or ,prospective new, employer see when they look me up on the register? And- What happens when the GTC goes in march?
    I'd really love to kick start my career now and am looking at new jobs. Anybody have any ideas?

Auds

3. DaisysLot

DaisysLot Senior commenter

There will be a record of the misconduct on your GTC record - but probably not much detail. You will have to declare this if asked on an application form - there is typically a question about whether you have been subjected to disciplinary of any form etc.

The GTC is not going anywhere in March. If and when a new body does take over the registration of teachers the records existing will be taken over too.