1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

GTC for Wales

Discussion in 'Cymru - education news' started by NaomiKelly, Apr 2, 2013.

1. Hello there I was wondering if someone can help me. I am moving to Pembrokeshire in the summer from England and have just found a job I would like to apply for but looking through the application form there is a question about if I am registered with the Welsh GTC. As far as I am aware the English GTC no longer exists as they sent me a letter telling me that I didn't need to pay them fees any more, so do I need to apply separately to the Welsh GTC to teach in Wales or can I transfer across any registration I previously had with the English GTC? Any help would be appreciated!

2. I am hoping to return home to Wales soon after teaching in England. GTCW will send you a registration pack on request. Registration is compulsory. There is no transfer facility as GTC in England no longer exists and dual registration was never possible.

3. As a Pembrokeshire teacher I would recommend getting your GTCW registration sorted out ASAP as without it many schools wont even grant you an interview, we had a teacher have his contact revoked before his first day of employment when his registration hadn't turned up in time.