1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Grumbling parents

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by Petite Joueuse, Jul 17, 2011.

1. This is by no means confined to MFL...
    This year we have been inundated with complaints from parents who don't like what we have said about their angels in our end of year reports. In some instances we have been asked to re-write the reports!
    What is the world coming to?

2. This is by no means confined to MFL...
    This year we have been inundated with complaints from parents who don't like what we have said about their angels in our end of year reports. In some instances we have been asked to re-write the reports!
    What is the world coming to?

3. smoothnewt

smoothnewt Lead commenter

Good grief! I've not heard of this before. What kind of comments have prompted this? Who has asked you to re-write the reports (parents? smt?)?
    Unbelievable! [​IMG]

4. That is truely ridiculous. These will be the same parents who will be the first to say, 'Why were n't we told?' If its SMT then they are cowards.
    Reports are not worth the paper they are written on, if they don't tell the truth. I must admit that I have once or twice written reports that were untrue. I did this because I knew that that was what the parents wanted to read and would make my life hell if I wrote the truth. As far as I was concerned it was an act of cynicism on my behalf and a measure of the contempt I had for the whole charade I was engaged in.

5. chriszwinter

chriszwinter New commenter

[/quote]
    That is truely ridiculous. These will be the same parents who will be the first to say, 'Why were n't we told?' If its SMT then they are cowards.
    Reports are not worth the paper they are written on, if they don't tell the truth. I must admit that I have once or twice written reports that were untrue. I did this because I knew that that was what the parents wanted to read and would make my life hell if I wrote the truth. As far as I was concerned it was an act of cynicism on my behalf and a measure of the contempt I had for the whole charade I was engaged in.

6. PierreImport

PierreImport Administrator

As long as they have a class position in their end of year exams, that's all that matters, really, and a nice thing like 'he always tries hard and is a good boy to boot'.
    [​IMG] None of this nonsense about National Curriculum levels and all that tosh.