1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Grubby marks on carpet - best thing to use

Discussion in 'Personal' started by captain oats, Aug 9, 2011.

1. captain oats

captain oats New commenter

My beige carpet is starting to look a bit grubby in some places. There are a few marks from footprints and general everyday dirt. It's mainly in one place (by the front door mat) so it's not really worth me getting a carpet shampooer.
    What products/carpet cleaners do people recommend? One that is easy to apply and will at least get some of the marks.

2. I have a fawn-coloured plain carpet in the sitting room (fool!). Where people sit on the sofa there are two dark patches where their feet end up, and no amount of Rug Doctor, Vanish Upholstery or vacuuming makes any difference. It's too close to the sofa for a rug.
    More ideas!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

A sensible colour of carpet would be my suggestion.
    I have beige carpets in my bedrooms - I've learnt my lesson!

4. Too late if already dirty but you can buy protector for furnishings and carpets.

5. captain oats

captain oats New commenter

Well it is a rented house so we can't change the colour of the carpets! Oh well, when we next have an inspection from the estate agent I will try and hire a carpet shampooer to see if it helps.