1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Grrr, Doctors

Discussion in 'Personal' started by catherinaaa, May 10, 2011.

1. catherinaaa

catherinaaa New commenter

I'm at home laid up with a torn ligament in my ankle. Tried several times over last few days to get an appointment with the orthopaedic doctor I saw last week. He says he won't see me again until I have my X-rays from casualty. Ring Casualty on Fri and they say I just have to give the Ortho doc their fax number and he can ask for them to be sent. Told Ortho this yesterday.
    Today I ring to confirm that they have the x-rays so I can have my appointment and they said no, I have to collect them from the hospital myself. Hospital is bloody miles away, I have no car and can hardly walk- leg is in a brace and am on crutches.
    Rang hospital. They said is no problem if I can't collect them myself and said the Doc just needs to write them a letter explanining what he needs.
    Rang ortho again to explain this. They said this wasn't possible and I have to go trekking out there to get the s.odding x-rays myself. This will either mean a very expensive cab fare of abour 50 Eur return or a very long and uncomfortable public transport trip of about hour and half return.
    Sorry for rant, just needed a whinge as am meant to be doing work at home today as well and just fed up with their incompetence!

2. Poor you! Very painful! You could do without the added stress!

I think I would insist they sorted it I would definitely not make the trip myself. Good luck!

3. I think you should ring the admin side of the hospital and ask for the procedure to make an official complaint about your lack of treatment. Once you have explained the problem they may find it easier to sort out your Xray than have to go through a long process!

4. catherinaaa

catherinaaa New commenter

Partner is going to call on my behalf later and have a go. This is in Germany and although I speak German you can tell it isn't my mother tongue. Hopefully if he calls them he will have more success!