1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

growing respect for May

Discussion in 'Personal' started by dunnocks, Sep 20, 2018.

1. coffeekid

coffeekid Star commenter

Yeah, I realised that after I posted.

2. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Star commenter

Just tell the b 's where leaving .The Eu has no intention of helping so just get out,do what needs to be do and gie on with repairing any damage and make us prosperous.Plese don't give me the carp that Corbyn will either,,,,his programme is one of making all folks equally rich and spend ,spend in true left wing ways.If not him his right hand man who seems to speak more than Corbyn and desire the private incentive is their to fead a socilist programme!
    As to Boris in charge god help us.the true clown takes centre stage..beside he is being entertained by his new lover at the moment!

border_walker and woollani like this.
  3. oldsomeman

I still think if Tories were to chose a new leader it should be a woman...they are usually better at putting up with Macho wanna be leaders and telling them where to stick thier plot!
    edit
    I think Tories are too busy worrying about who shall lead rather than negotiationg our country into the heady highlands of freedom away from the lowlands of dismal comformity of the EU!

woollani likes this.
  4. Geoff Thomas

Geoff Thomas Star commenter

Maybe you should do the job?

5. chelsea2

chelsea2 Star commenter

Why should they help? We sleepwalked into this mess. Their priority is the nations of the EU. They have no reason to compromise unless they will also benefit.

Just wondering how / if the rest of the UK would have 'helped' Scotland if their referendum had resulted in Independence - if such 'help' would have disadvantaged the remainder of the UK.

6. coffeekid

coffeekid Star commenter

7. sparkleghirl

sparkleghirl Star commenter

It's farcical. She invoked Article 50 with no idea of how to manage the Irish border question and she's blaming the EU for not having the answer.

8. Timothy_Blue

Timothy_Blue Lead commenter

We sleepwalked into the EU.

9. Geoff Thomas

Geoff Thomas Star commenter

We tried many times to get into the EEC. It took years of effort to succeed.

Hardly sleepwalking.

10. florian gassmann

florian gassmann Star commenter

Why does she need to manage the Irish border? It's the EU who want a border there, not the UK.

Of course, because it is the EU who say they can't manage without a border.

border_walker and woollani like this.
  11. Timothy_Blue

The EEC is not the EU.

border_walker likes this.
  12. red_observer

red_observer Star commenter

We did not! Thatcher agreed with a lot of it! Gosh! Know your history!

slingshotsally likes this.
  13. Timothy_Blue

And you see that as a recommendation for the EU?

14. sparkleghirl

sparkleghirl Star commenter

Great, let's go with no border. That way all the EU migrants who still have free movement into Eire can cross the border into GBNI fadhb ar bith.

Not to mention the goods.

Burndenpark likes this.
  15. red_observer

red_observer Star commenter

Nope but you said we didn’t know what we were doing. Thatcher et al did.

16. irs1054

irs1054 Star commenter

It is a consequence of a decision made by the UK Government. The NI border will change status from being a border internal to the EU to an external border to the EU. The UK Government then wants to stick its head in the sand and deny the problem.

Someone has to be the adult here and, at the moment, it isn't the UK Government.

monicabilongame likes this.
  17. florian gassmann

Exactly. It's an EU border. They need to decide what to do about it.

Michel Barnier says he is working on a technological solution, which I'm sure will be considered once his suggestions are published.

woollani likes this.
  18. irs1054

irs1054 Star commenter

Oh yes, then what is it? Many of the changes that have happened in the EU over the last 40 or so years have happened as a result the influence and active support of successive UK Governments.

But if you look back at what the EEC looked like in the 50's and 60's when the UK was being blocked from joining by de Gaulle, you will see it is pretty much like the present. The idea of political union was enshrined from the start.

19. oldsomeman

Indeed they did..May i still think is a remainer and so struggles to stand up and say S .d off We can not accept a majority verdict as the intellectuals think the 'unlwashed,liars etc' did the dirty on them and failed to understand all the seemingly good arguements put forward for remaining...even to suggestions of how wonderful the whole of the continent will be as a unified state of the EU.
    Yes, we sleep walked as to honest no one expected the result we got and so it had to be thought out as they went.
    Of course the EU has no intent to let the fat cash cow go,it had no intent to remotly pander to anther country daring to leave and break its 4 defined freedoms.They simply said this is what they want and if you dont comply then is no go or deal.They walk a tightrope as well as ourselves,and time will tell if their plans are as secure as they think
    By now we should have made our minds up we want this and nothing less,,not the pussyfooting around of politicains who seem more concerned to be leaders rather than innovators.Or sit on the side line unwilling to comment, such as Corbyn ,other than some vague gestures of support or none supprt for such a move.
    Once you have made your mind up to do something the worst thing to do is not do it ,and by jove are they failing to get there with the different versions put forward to pacify the EU which of course can say....no good,poor,not acceptable etc.Why do we pacify others all the while?This is an issue of soverignty, not just trade.If we want to be free then its worth bearing the cost I feel..even as we have done over the last 50-60 years.
    I have no concern about EUrope as a set of nations,only over who rules us...and I certainly do not want beurocrats in Europe telling me all I should do. I still believe in the people of Britain,even as some in here seem to assume they are failures for failing to recognise the hoy ploy views when voting.I dodnt belive in comprimise if you thnk the issue is important and for me the issue of freedon is important.The rest are smoke screens,and assumes al the folks who voted leave really did believe all the gubbage put out by both sides in the vote.

20. florian gassmann

Which is what currently happens. Why? Because there are no border checks.:D
    In other words, it would be no different.

woollani likes this.