1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Groupon My City Deal

Discussion in 'Personal' started by angiebabe, Feb 5, 2011.

1. Groupon My City Deal!
    Has anyone else signed up to this? Some of the coupons seem great value but none have been useful to me so far. Anyone used one of these coupons? Also, it says you can get £6 for recommendations to friends but when you click on the email bit to forward it then it says there is something wrong.
    Anyone help?

2. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

I use Groupon. Bought a voucher for 2 people for an hour on a segway for £24 as part of my son's Xmas pressie.....he loved it! Also got vouchers for canvas phot prints and a make-over and photos.
    Best one so far is 7 days in a 5 star spa hotel in Marrakech with breakfast, 3 dinners, spa treatment etc etc for £500 insted of £1500. Hubby and I are booked to go in August (flights extra but we got these on airmiles!).
    I recommended myself to myslef (using different email addy). Worked ok for me.
    Just off now to buy a fish pedicure for £9!

3. I've just unsubscribed because I was sick of the continual emails offering nothing in my area that I could use!

4. Belle i think you are in similar area to me, I have bought the offer of turkish meal 2 glasses of wine, 2 starters and 2 main courses for 24 quid.

5. anon2799

anon2799 New commenter

I'm having a fish pedicure along with 7 girlfriends. Only cost £100 for 45 minutes for all of us.
    I get lots of groupcon vouchers but haven't seen any I want to use yet.

6. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

yep....I saw that one too. Looked rather tempting!

7. I LOVE groupon! I have bought two things so far, a deal at a hairdressers - which wasn't too bad, obviously not at good as the place where I normally go (but cant go there often due to their massively high prices!) and another exercise boot camp thing which I am starting tomorrow.
    I recommended it to my friends one of whom bought another hair deal. However she had massive problems with the hairdressers in question and couldn't get an appointment as they were only allocating certain times to those with the vouchers. But groupon were fab and gave her a refund without question and said they would look into the matter.
    I would highly recommend it, they have some great bargains!

8. So how do you recommend others - do you just click on the email thingy? It just doesnt work for me - what should I do?