1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Grievance procedure

Discussion in 'Headteachers' started by forestgreen, Jul 11, 2019.

1. forestgreen

forestgreen New commenter

if a formal grievance is being pursued against you should this be advised in writing? If so, what else should be shared?

2. JohnJCazorla

JohnJCazorla Star commenter

The Grievance policy should be available on the school intranet, or at least available from HR. This should state precisely how the process is to be followed and answer this question (and others).

EDIT: I've just realised this is on the Headteachers' forum. Can't you just ask your HR direct?

digoryvenn likes this.
  3. Rott Weiler

Rott Weiler Star commenter Forum guide

What JJC says ^^^

Every grievance policy I've seen says that a formal grievance has to be made in writing stating what the grievance is and (usually) what the grievance-bringer would like to happen to resolve the grievance. Our policy has a standard form which should be used.

digoryvenn and JohnJCazorla like this.
  4. digoryvenn

digoryvenn Lead commenter

Rott Weiler describes what SHOULD happen but it depends on your HR department what will happen. They won't necessarily follow the correct procedure. I hope the union is supporting.

Happygopolitely likes this.