1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Gridded Information Problem!

Discussion in 'Workplace dilemmas' started by coldmetal, Jan 21, 2017.

1. coldmetal

coldmetal Occasional commenter

1) I have a problem (a kind of Dyslexia) with gridded information. I teach full time at a FE college and despite having told my Curriculum manager this, he constantly sends out gridded information XL spreadsheets with student tracking and registration charts - All kinds of documents constantly fly out of the organisation that we are told must be filled in and with deadlines. All lesson plans and schemes of work are massive grids - it's a constant problem!!! I keep telling them and they won't listen to it or ignore it!

2) Does anyone know what it's called if you have a problem with gridded info? The grids just seem merge into one and I stare at them for ages or enter stuff in wrong cells - It takes me much much longer to decipher and handle info this way - I often have to colour code things like time tables to read them properly. The stuff they send out gridded, i often have to re-format it in order to read it, or sometimes my wife helps me through this as she has no problem with them. I understand the point of them of course but something with my eyes or my brain just scrambles it - Some stuff I procrastinate over until it becomes a major problem some stuff I totally give up on. Can anyone help?!