1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Grenfell fraudster jailed

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Vince_Ulam, Feb 9, 2018.

1. Vince_Ulam

Vince_Ulam Star commenter

I expect Anh Nhu Nguyen knew he'd done something appalling if his brief was prepared to go to this:

"Defence barrister Keima Payton told the court that a report prepared by a psychologist found Nguyen had an "astonishingly low" IQ that put him in the bottom 2.5% of people in Britain."
    News.Sky.com, 9th February 2018.

Or perhaps his IQ is even lower than claimed.

2. dumpty

dumpty Lead commenter

Have often wondered how hard it must be not to become such a cynical person if you are defending people as this who you know are the lowest of the low....and yet you still must try to find a likewise cynical/lying/deceitful way to get them free.

I'm not sure you can distance yourself from it for long, it has to affect you. Probably why, I guess, these kind of cases are spread around and shared.

Vince_Ulam likes this.
  3. Trendy Art

Trendy Art Star commenter

Put it this way - that guy was able to concoct a story, get an audience with royalty and live off Grenfell for a while.

Also, what is there to suggest that after all this deceit - he didn't fake the psychological report?

His IQ is higher than you think...

4. Vince_Ulam

Vince_Ulam Star commenter

I have no idea about this convicted fraudster's IQ but I would think that his barrister's is high enough.