1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Green Flag eco school advice, please

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Ezzie, Jan 14, 2012.

1. Ezzie

Ezzie Occasional commenter

A couple of years ago I was 'volunteered' to be in charge of getting our school to green flag status. Bronze and silver, nor problem. Then (as it's a small school) I became subject leader for 3 other subjects (including Literacy) and the eco school thing got put to the back burner. As part of my performance management, our HT told me I 'ought' to have a target to get school back on track with green flag thing. Just had a look at check list and now feel totally depressed as we have to do so much. I think, basically, I need to start again, to be honest. I get no help from HT and the rest of the staf are lukewarm at very best. If anyone has any advice to get me going again, I'd be SOOOOO grateful. Thanks xx

2. Ezzie

A couple of years ago I was 'volunteered' to be in charge of getting our school to green flag status. Bronze and silver, nor problem. Then (as it's a small school) I became subject leader for 3 other subjects (including Literacy) and the eco school thing got put to the back burner. As part of my performance management, our HT told me I 'ought' to have a target to get school back on track with green flag thing. Just had a look at check list and now feel totally depressed as we have to do so much. I think, basically, I need to start again, to be honest. I get no help from HT and the rest of the staf are lukewarm at very best. If anyone has any advice to get me going again, I'd be SOOOOO grateful. Thanks xx

3. greta444

greta444 New commenter

I have the same problem in having lost my mojo for eco schools. Ended up passing it onto a younger, more enthusiastic model. No regrets.

4. Ezzie

Would LOVE to pass it on. It's one of my performance management targets though so I've at least got to look as though I'm doing something. No one else wanted it and I'm one of those look before you leap people who volunteer for stuff without thinking it through! Lesson learned!