1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Green Card - meltdown

Discussion in 'US – Staffroom' started by Darthteacher, May 8, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Darthteacher

Darthteacher New commenter

Is there any UK teachers that have sought out a Greencard in the USA? I have been teaching in the USA for a LONG time and have run out of work visas, now I'm applying for a Green Card and it's freaking me out.......I had a meltdown today over the amount of things I needed to do. I just can't grasp the amount of things I need to do. I just need someone to talk my anxiety down.

2. blazer

blazer Star commenter

Sorry can't help

However AtoZ teacherstuff is an American site a bit like this one (but more polite). I would join and ask on there.

3. tesolmath

tesolmath New commenter

Feel free to initiate a conversation. I am US Citizen teaching internationally but happy to offer support. We can talk about the challenges I would face getting a work permit in the EU ....

Tesolmath

4. binaryhex

binaryhex Lead commenter

Just be thankful you aren’t Mexican!

5. kmoody3

kmoody3 New commenter

I did. Is your school using an attorney? they should be the ones doing all the work so you don't feel stressed!